Sunday, October 5, 2008

Playlist...

My husband refers to me as the "music snob"....there are many reasons for that, one being that I'm just a music junkie and I know more music than he does....he...he...not to mention I like to laugh at him when he tries to sing the words to a song that he doesn't know. (secretly....I do the same thing...make up my own words...I just don't do it around anyone else) I would say that I have an extensive collection of random hodge-podge music interests...imagine that, me...random.

I don't buy whole albums...I pick and chose what I like...then click that "cheap" 99cent button on itunes...and voila! Oh gosh...and when i-tunes came out with Genius..that rocked my whole freakin' world right there.

Finding new music is pretty much my best day. Goin' to listen to live music is even better.

Right now I'm way into the "female angry/sometimes calm indie rock".....and a few mellow male tunes too....but mostly stickin' with my comfort in the indie genre...fall is my mellow season.

So....I'm always curious to know what my other friends are listening to???? What's on your playlist??

Here are my new favorite finds:

  • The WHOLE entire album 19 by Adele . (I know...I don't buy albums but this one is uh-freakin'-mazing)
  • Last Request by Paolo Nutini
  • Starlight by Muse
  • Young Folks by Peter Bjorn and John
  • All That You Have is Your Soul by Tracy Chapman
  • I Turn My Camera On by Spoon
  • She's Only Happy in the Sun by Ben Harper
  • Hide and Seek, Clear the Area, and Goodnight and Go by Imogen Heap
  • Hold You in my Arms by Ray LaMontagne
  • Trying to Put Your Heart Back Together by Mermaids
  • They, and Come on Closer by Jem
  • Giving Up by Ingrid Mechaelson
  • Sweeter Than This by Katie Herzig
  • Silver Lining by Rilo Kiley

3 comments:

Dangerruss said...

Hey, hey, what about Love Song for Ashley by Dangerruss???!!! That should be the top song in your playlist along with the entire I LOVE ASHLEY albulm! I don't even know who you are anymore.

Crystal said...

So....I'm not going to lie, I have never heard of ANY of those people and I claim to also be a music guru...hmmm. Maybe I should start calling myself something else.

kasogayle said...

I know, I'm reading this like A YEAR behind, but I must say, I love your taste in music...Adele, Tracy Chapman, Ingrid Michaelson, Imogen Heap! YES! Also into The Rescues, Priscilla Ahn, and a few others...but I also have rather random taste in music.