Sunday, March 20, 2011

Oh yah....

So I guess I never made the "Blog Announcement" of I'm pregnant! So....I'm pregnant!! haha! I blogged so much about the process....but to be honest, finding out that the IUI procedure worked was shocking. Well, I take that back....it was TERRIFYING. I knew I was pregnant before I was even 4 weeks along! I felt like I had to make an announcement on facebook because we were so open about the process here on blogspot and facebook. Many people knew our story so I couldn't just NOT say anything about being pregnant!

First 12 weeks?? SUCH a roller coaster. I literally felt like I was walking on eggshells for the first 12 weeks. I had a huge case of "writer's block" so I couldn't blog about what I was going through. I couldn't even keep up with a pregnancy journal. I was overjoyed to be pregnant but very cautious too. I knew that when people asked me how far along I was... and I answered anything below 12 weeks I got a "look." It was that, "Oooo.....should you be announcing this so soon type of look." But then again, that could have been in my insecure head. I think when you've had a miscarriage the thought of "this could happen again" is always in the back of your mind. Never mind that I was actually having symptoms (unlike the first pregnancy) and I was being monitored almost every week by my doctor.....the thought was ALWAYS there.

****side note about first pregnancy: I technically miscarried at almost 12 weeks. I had never had a sonogram, just bloodwork to confirm that I was pregnant. When I started having the miscarriage they gave me an ultrasound at the ER which indicated I had a "blighted ovum." That's where a sack develops, but no baby inside. You get a positive pregnancy test, symptoms.....everything. If I would have had a sonogram early on, they would have detected the problem a lot sooner. Dr. Dorsett told us early on that a blighted ovum generally does not repeat itself.....so that always made me feel a little better.

Luckily I had an INCREDIBLE support system at home and at work. I felt like I had many people holding my hand the whole way through that first trimester.

Sooo.....fast forward to 16 weeks....where we are today!! The second trimester is SOOO much better. I have to admit that pregnancy can be pretty ummm....weird....but I LOVE it.

We find out what we're having on April 18th!! It seems like sooo far away but I've got plenty to keep me busy until then! Again....as always....thank you for the support and prayers! We have such fantastic friends and family! SO blessed :)

No comments: