Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Biggest Freak....


I've noticed my titles are a lil' on the scandalous side here lately....

Those of you that know me know that I LOVE the Biggest Loser. I mean really, if you thought I was obsessed with vampires (well, you're right on that) but believe it or not I have yet another obsession!!! It's weird because I have never been morbidity obese but yet I laugh, cry, cringe, gasp, and cheer with the contestants every week. (sheesh....you're probably wondering what I'm like with vampires...well, Russell wears band aids to cover the "marks"....jk) At one point I was 30 pounds heavier. With the help of Weight Watchers and working out I've managed to keep the wobbly bits to a minimum....

Tonight at Lujans a friend of Tiffany's started talking to me about weight loss and how she wanted to get back into the swing of things.....I lit up like a dad-gum Christmas Tree....(oh, how I longed to reach over and snatch that juicy chicken quesadilla out of her hand and shove it in my mouth though.....but instead I ate my chicken salad) Okay...anyways....we just got to talking about health, me teaching at the gym, watching Biggest Loser, etc. And out of the blue she said "Why don't you really pursue this?? You could own your own business doing this." Hmph...honestly if I had another dream job (because I really DO love my Second Graders...except when it comes to teaching skip counting) I would LOVE to work for a wellness cooperation. I would actually enjoy going into businesses and talking about health and fitness, lifestyle changes, etc. (For now I'll just have to live vicariously through Twiggy when she gets done at Arizona State)

Basically if I can just be a personal cheerleader to someone who is wanting to lose weight or wanting to live a healthy lifestyle I'm totally on FIRE. I don't think there are many positions under that title though.....

Personal disclaimer.....I am by NO means a health guru....I try to live a "normal" life and practice moderation. I struggle just like the next girl who is battling a dreaded muffin top. I'm just sayin'.....



6 comments:

texag04 said...

you KNOW I will sign up! don't know how it will work long distance, but I really am in need of some God driven, girl tested tips and tricks. being "fatty patty" isn't working for me anymore.
HELP!!

texag04 said...

and that last comment was me...Jonna! :)

Tobi Mac said...

Ash...love that this is who you are, and it brings me joy to see that "dad-gum Christmas Tree" light in your eyes when you get to be that girl...so glad that this is who God made you to be...and secretly glad He didn't make me to be the healthy girl...haha...pass the quesadillas ;)

Crystal said...

I really think you are great at influencing people and no matter what you decide to do, people will follow! Didn't someone say recently..."Imitation is the best form of flattery!"

Dangerruss said...

Hey sugar, I think you would be awesome as a wellness coordinator. You should go for it. I got your back!

Larissa said...

A personal shout out in one of your blogs!! I'm soooo touched...

I really miss working out together. I mean I REALLY miss it..it's hard to get motivated to work my hardest when you're not here. I can't wait until our next workout together...whenever that'll be! Oh how I do love you.